26 June 2008

Wednesday 4th June 2008 - Stage 3


The morning started with the arrival of Allan Ridler, CO & RSM of 26 Engineer Regiment to join us on this stage and to present us with a cheque for over £3000. Allan had raised the money by doing a sponsored LEJOG Static bike ride, the winning team completing in 42 hours. I gave my radio interview to KMFM and spoke of my pride in Jessica (Queen of the mountains) The ride was flat as we made our way to Bristol, I think we were all looking forward to an iconic landmark in the Severn bridge and welcome to Wales. This stage is one of our longest rides (120miles).

We got into Wales just after midday and had a spot of lunch in a beautiful spot on the Wye valley, it was at this stage Allan and his team moved on ahead of us as they were on a tight timefame. We passed through beautiful towns like Monmouth, Hereford and massive amounts of countryside.

My Mum & Dad were there to meet us as we rolled into Ludlow, Dean beat me to the pub and entertained my Mum & Dad till Jess & I got there! Today I believed that Jessica would finish this tour - just needed to get her to the rest day!

1 comment:

cahyo said...

it's very nice the discussion thanks for sharing
custom basketball jersey
| custom.ph